Development and Communications Director
Direct Lindsey House fund development and communications projects, which include overseeing proposals for corporations, foundations and individuals. Execute and maintain a Development Plan and Communications Plan. Plan, coordinate and oversee fundraising events for the organization.
- Work with the CEO and Board of Directors to establish and maintain positive relationships with potential and current donor including corporations, foundations and individuals, to meet the funding goals of the organization.
- Responsible for ensuring Lindsey House meets its annual and long-term fundraising goals, as established by the Board of Directors
- Oversee the research, initiation, preparation, follow-up and grant proposals for the organization.
- Coordinate the annual appeal and fundraising mailings, ensuring budget needs are met or surpassed.
- Manage special fundraising events.
- Responsible for establishing a budget, event timeline and coordinating all details of the fundraising efforts for special events. This will include, but is not limited to, working with special event committees, invitations, planning menus, decorations, seating arrangements and overseeing the actual event.
- Responsible for supporting the Fundraising/Resource Development Committee, Special Event Committee and any additional event committees. This includes, but is not limited to, preparing the agenda, minutes and reports for the committee, attending and participating in all committee meetings.
- Coordinate on all pledges and contributions, including in-kind contributions. Oversee the execution of the Donor Acknowledgment Policy.
- Coordinate the tracking of all in-kind contributions in conjunction with Lindsey House staff, preparing monthly reports as requested and copy to Accounting and CEO.
- Provide reports as requested for the CEO.
- Assist in the continuing development and fulfilment of the Strategic Plan and implement the Development Plan for the organization that ties to the Strategic Plan.
- Coordinate with the CEO on scheduling fundraising appointments.
- Oversee mailing projects, preparing letters and merging as required, working in appropriate staff
- In conjunction with Fundraising/Resource Development Committee and CEO, develop the annual fundraising budget, including special events.
- Develop and implement the organization’s external communications.
- Maintain professional confidentiality in all matters
- Other duties as may be assigned by the CEO.
- Ability to travel throughout the city as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Highly productive team player who will build strong and mutually beneficial relationships between the staff, donors, volunteers and external audiences.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with excellent time management skills.
- Demonstrates ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, keep organized, and demonstrates careful attention to detail.
- Ability to interact effectively with management and board and maintain confidentiality.
- In all instances, serves as an ambassador for Lindsey House, appropriately communicating the mission, values, and purpose of the organization.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. In lieu of a degree, job experience will be accepted.
A minimum of three years work experience in office administration, project coordination, event planning and fundraising.
Knowledge of computer programs including, but not limited to, Work Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
Experience with database entry and management.
Reports To – President & CEO
To Apply – Send your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com